Here I am from Cuba with video 9 in my Top 10 lessons I have learned over the last couple of years with my spiritual breakdown and ultimately my spiritual breakthrough.
The last 8 videos are the step by step process on how to create massive impact in this world.
With my spiritual breakdown, I had an amazing moment of clarity and a download from the Universe. My message was this: ‘Odette, your purpose is to eliminate fear from 1 million women across the globe by 2020 so that they can live their life with power and purpose and without apology.’
It was a great moment of clarity for me because not being woowoo and not understanding this whole spiritual side of me, I was like, ‘What the hell was that, who said that?’
And then when I got really connected to my why and my what, what is it that I wanted to created in this world? What connection did I need to have within myself as well as the outside world? How I was going to engage and enroll people?
I had this moment of, You know what? This is my purpose. I am driven by purpose so that I can motivate millions and be motivated by millions.
So videos 1 to 8 really takes you through the step by step process of envisioning, creation, connection, engagement, enrollment, monetization, impact, and I am getting crystal clear in how to tie all of that together.
What makes you unique in this world? Your story.
There are a trillion business coaches and life coaches etc. Whatever your industry is, you can guarantee there is someone else doing it. There is probably someone else who is doing it better than you. So the key is what makes someone who is in the same industry as you do so well? And ultimately what makes someone not do so well. The key piece here is getting the message out in a powerful and impactful way. The way to do that, the lessons that I have learned in the last couple of years, is sharing your story.
So I just want to quickly tell you the step by step process of how to get your story out. At least get it down on paper so that we can then take the raw material and formulate it into a marketing message that creates impact in both your life, your family’s life and in the people that you serve.
I have a process called Going Through The Ages. It’s a process that gets you really connected with every year of your life, from as far back as you remember. Some people might have had a tragedy at age 1 but you might not remember it. But it’s really important that we get connected to all of the things that happened to us. What we can remember. We may need to ask our friends or family about moments in our life that we are not able to recall because they may be able to recall for us. They are really impactful pieces of the story puzzle.
Here is what you need to do.
- Get yourself some flip chart paper that you stick on the wall. I’m a big believer in visuals.
- On the left hand side of all of these pages (and obviously the older you are, the more pages you are going to have stuck on the wall), you are going to write your age from one to however old you are. In my case, I’m 50. That’s a lot of paper. All the ages, 1, 2, 3, 4 right up to 50 for myself.
- Then on the right side, you are going to put your stories. The good, the bad, the ugly, that correspond with your age.
- So for age 1, I don’t know if I remember anything, so I leave it blank. 2, 3, 4, 5. I only really have my first memory at age 5 or 6 when I was going to kindergarten. I remember being really happy and being really excited about where I was going. I remember what I was wearing, I remember the teacher, I remember my friends. So I start with that. I put down all the memories that I have for age 5, and I put them right beside age 5. Age 6, the stories. Age 7, the stories.
- And the very first place to start is all of the stories that you remember. All those moments that you remember. Good, bad and ugly.
- As you start to work through this process, which does take days, months, weeks – you will always be remembering things that happened – and you want to have a place to put those memories.. Having it on flipchart paper is huge for that because it’s a visual.
- You put all the things that you remember first and it’s going to start percolating. And you’ll start remembering, ‘Oh man, I remember when I when I was 8 years out my tooth fell out,’ or whatever it is. Put the significant things. Your first kiss, your first boyfriend, your first breakup. Dare I say your first marriage, your first kid. All of those really important pieces of the puzzle.
- Then, through time you are going to start filling in the bits.
This is where the nuggets come from. Because when you are telling your story out in the real world, it’s not necessarily in chronological order. That’s boring. That’s a boring speaker. It’s how to take the nuggets, those golden nuggets, that have changed your life, that are pivotal moments. They don’t all have to be amazing stuff. They can be the heartbreak, the triumph, the tragedy, all of it.
In Video 10 I am going to talk about how to weave that all together with your marketing message.
But for now, we have got to get the story out first. I teach this on a regular basis and I can promise you this is where people have the hardest time. There is an emotional connection to your story, especially some of the negative yucky stuff. When I teach this in my programs, especially my Magnetize Your Message program which is a 2 day event where we get really real with our story. There are a lot of tears. There are a lot of joyful moments. There is a lot of, ‘Oh my god, I totally forgot that.’ We get the raw material. So we are harvesting the raw story so that we can then pull it together inside of a talk, a blog, tv, radio, audio, whatever it is. Weave those story bits that inspire other people into action because that is what impact is all about. You don’t have impact if people just say, ‘Oh yeah, that’s really nice.’
Impact is getting people to move them into a different way of thinking … into action. Getting them to pause and go, ‘Wow, I need to revisit what I am doing, the way I am thinking, the way I am behaving.’ That is the true essence of what impact is all about.
Let’s do a quick recap. Get your flipchart paper, stick it on the wall. Write down all your ages, from 1 to how old you are now on the left hand side. Leave plenty of room for the story bits that you are going to remember. Put them right beside the age. The beauty of this, it’s going to take some time. You are going to have moments like popcorn, where you will do,’I totally forgot that.’ So always remember to have a pen and paper by your bed, in your car, in your purse, so that way you don’t forget these most amazing moments in your life that have created you in your life to who you are today, and that make up the uniqueness of your impact in this world.
I’m driven by purpose and motivated by millions, and I look forward to hearing what some of your stories are.
Stay tuned for Video 10 so I can help you tie it all together.
Rock on, get motivated, be inspired. Take care!